Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkin Picking

I believe traditions are good for the family. They tie us together, they ensure we spend time together, and they create a chance to make memories. Sometimes I get so caught up in just living our day-to-day life that I forget that I am creating my children's childhood. This life? This is what they are going to look back on and I want to make sure there are plenty of happy memories for them to pick from.

Of course the holidays provide perfect opportunities to establish traditions, and October is just the beginning. I love going pumpkin picking, especially now that Axton is at an age where it means something to him. This year we went to Papa John's Farm in Millersville, Maryland. It's small, but Axton didn't notice. I like that it's not overwhelming. They also sell delicious homemade jams, cider, and fresh, local produce.

For anyone curious, all of these photos were shot with my 35mm. It is my absolute favorite lens. I don't often use it during client sessions, but it is almost always on my camera for personal/at home use. It is known for being a "story-telling" lens, and that's exactly what I love about it. 




He insisted on pulling the wagon himself.



 
Matching grumpy faces!! They definitely are brothers!




























Adam gets full credit for decorating the pumpkins this year - Axton had seen a pumpkin with pigs on it so we decided to do the 3 little pigs and the wolf. He helped Adam paint the base colors, but Adam drew/painted everything else. I love it when he gets creative!


1 comment:

  1. Apparently your blog currently hates me because I can't get it to publish. We'll try one more time:

    Your little people are so cute!

    ReplyDelete