Monday, October 27, 2014

Micaela+Chris: A Washington DC LDS Temple Wedding

Wedding ceremonies held at the Washington DC Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are unique. As a photographer, I'm not allowed into their actual ceremony, as cameras and photographs are not permitted inside the temple. After the ceremony is over, the wedding guests exit the temple to wait for the bride and groom outside. It is kind of a neat tradition for friends and family to line up outside the doors and cheer for them as they walk out of the temple doors and into the world for the first time as husband and wife. Sometimes when there are multiple ceremonies, also called "sealings," happening on the same day, there are a lot of different families and people waiting outside the door. Which means, sometimes it's hard for me to know which family belongs to "my" couple....and it's pretty important for me to figure it out quick so that I don't give the bride and groom images of random people they have never met before, or -heaven forbid- start photographing the wrong couple as they walk out the door! But as soon as I saw three beautiful girls dressed in purple and gray, I knew they belonged with my bride, Micaela. Denise, Melissa, and Laura were natural, quick friends and I could feel their love and excitement Micaela as we all waited for them to come out of the temple. 









Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Harmon!











It rained off and on during their family and couple portraits, but the weather did nothing to dampen Chris and Micaela's spirits. They were filled with the love and glow that all newly-married couples carry. We borrowed big, white umbrellas from the temple's lobby area and I actually love the unique touch they add to the family portraits!



















....And then we sent everyone away so we could spend some time with just the two of them, capturing their love and happiness on their special day. I loved Chris' attentiveness to his new-wife's needs - holding her dress so it didn't drag on the wet cement, carrying the umbrella over her, holding her hand, and being so excited just to kiss her!



































Thank you for letting me capture such a special day for you both. I loved witnessing and photographing your love and devotion to each other and wish you an eternity of happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, you look gorgeous in this dress!! Perfect couple and my warm wishes are with you!! God bless you both!! Now I am waiting for your honeymoon images. Please update!!
    DC wedding venues

    ReplyDelete