Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Hoffmanns - Maryland Family Photographer

Goodness I love this family! The oldest daughter, Christy, and I met while we both were going to school at BYU-Hawaii. We both worked at the Reading and Writing Center tutoring students on papers and teaching English workshops. She eventually became my roommate for a semester before Adam and I got married. She was pretty instrumental in making sure I got the perfect engagement ring, too! (That's a good story). So then a year later, Adam and I are graduating and suddenly we are moving about an hour away from Christy's home town! We would meet up every once in awhile, whenever Christy was home from school for holidays or summer. I even got to take her younger sister, Molly's senior photos!

To say that Mom and I have been trying to make this family session happen for years is not an exaggeration! It is hard to get everyone home at the same time I was around! But, alas, finally, the stars aligned and we picked a day.....and of course the weather was TERRIBLE. It was cold, windy, slushing outside, even. We persevered. I suggested we meet at Howard County Conservancy so we could shoot inside the barn if things got real nasty.

The fog and mist ended up being completely gorgeous to photograph and nobody got too uncomfortable in the weather. We made it happen, and I'm so glad we did, because these photos are truly wonderful!
































   




No comments:

Post a Comment