Monday, December 22, 2014

The Harrisons - Maryland Family Photographer

I am tearing up just thinking about writing this post. It's a tough one because....these kids? 


..They made me an aunty. And I never realized just how special that was until they came into my life. 


On one of my VERY FIRST dates with Adam, he took me to meet his brother, Sanoe, and his wife and their kids, who were living in Honolulu at the time. He tried to make it sound casual, but I knew what he was doing: He wanted to see if I would gain their approval. But I also knew what I was doing: I wanted to see how he was with kids!


Of course Adam was wonderful with his brother's children. And, of course, I fell in love with them, too. How could I not?


I remember Adam telling me once that Sanoe had told him he hadn't really thought about the fact that Adam's decision to marry me would also affect him and his kids, because suddenly that meant I would be in their lives. To be honest, I hadn't really thought about the fact that marrying Adam would mean gaining nieces and nephews, either. But what a blessing they are! Becoming an aunt truly exposed to me the love and joy that having my own children could be. They prepared my heart for becoming a mommy and that is something I will never be able to fully thank them for!

And just recently this sweet family moved just two hours north of us in Pennsylvania and in the last six months we have seen them 4 times. I feel so lucky to get to know these kids on a deeper level. For them to want to hang out with me and do projects with me and for them to play and interact with my children, it means the world to me.










Their parents are pretty special, too. A true example of dedication in marriage, laughter and joy, service and selflessness. I know both Adam and I look up to them immensely and value their opinions, approval, advice, and most of all, friendship.




We love this family so much and we may be just a bit biased, but they certainly are the cutest ones around, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment