Friday, February 21, 2014

Silvia & Justin - A Washington DC LDS Temple Wedding

Silvia and Justin's wedding was my first wedding after attending Katelyn James' Workshop: I was so nervous and felt like I was about to take a huge final for a very important class. The night before I stayed up late reviewing all the notes I had taken at the workshop and triple-checking I had everything I needed. I was so stressed out because the day before the wedding we had our big snowstorm here in Maryland, which meant that the lenses I had rented didn't come on time. I was praying that they would somehow make it to my house before I had to leave at 11am. 

....The Lord heard my prayers and (almost) impossibly my lenses showed up about an hour before I had to leave. I heaved a huge sigh of relief and gave thanks to Him! The rest of the day I was happy, knowing I had the Lord on my side. 

Looking through these images makes me so proud and so happy - I am so in love with them. They have an emotional impact on me, and I hope they do for the bride and groom and their families as well. But this blog post is less about me and really about Justin and Silvia. 

I met Silvia during a pretty special moment: I was photographing the birth of her (twin!) niece and nephew. It was then that I learned what a special bond she and her family shared - the love between them was noticeable and real. I also met her then boyfriend, Justin. They were such a cute couple and it was fun getting to know them a little bit during this exciting time.

Fast-forward six months, and I get an email from Silvia asking me to take her and Justin's engagement photos! Of course!! I was thrilled to hear that they had decided to get married and wanted me to be a part of it. We took their engagements at the same location they got engaged: Great Falls Park.

Being a part of Justin and Silvia's wedding day was an absolute treat. It was so fun to see her family once again, to meet Justin's family for the first time, and to capture such a special time. Take your time and enjoy these gorgeous people and the day that will forever be one of the most important of their lives!







































Because the ceremony took place inside the Washington, DC Mormon Temple, I was unable to photograph the actual exchange of vows. However, we were still able to capture beautiful bride & groom portraits just outside the temple immediately following the ceremony, or, as Mormons call it, the sealing.



























Then the real fun began....they had a gorgeous reception room that overlooked Alexandra and DC, at the top floor of the Key Bridge Marriott.





























There was definitely some good dance moves on the floor that night!! I had to remind myself that I was working or else I would have jumped out there and thrown this pregnant belly around a bit!








Love these shots of the bride and her brother -



Justin & Silvia played the "Shoe-ly Wed Game," where they answer questions about each other by holding up either their own or the other's shoe. It was pretty hilarious and such a fun addition to the reception.























The reception, coordinator, & catering | Key Bridge Marriott
Bridesmaids Dresses | Ralph Lauren

6 comments:

  1. Meghan! These pictures are beautiful. I really hope people book you like crazy, because you did an AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, you did an amazing job! Thank you so much for shooting our wedding, we can't wait to get the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything was Perfect at DC wedding venues. The food, arrangements and decoration really amazed us. The venue was worth to spend money on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, everyone looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wedding was absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. We don't actually know you but go you boo!

    ReplyDelete