Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Behind the {Ring} Shot

Every once in awhile, I see a shot that makes me stop and think, "How in the world did they do that? Did they edit it like that?" or, "I would love to know what their settings were to get that effect." And of course, we all love to ask, "Oooh, what lens?"

I had a friend ask me that last question in regards to the photo below: "What lens did you use for your ring shot?" I told her I had used a rented macro lens - the Nikon 105mm, to be exact. I decided to use this photo as my first "Behind the Shot" series. I don't know how often I will post these; probably only when I have a really cool shot I think others might want to know the details behind; or perhaps a newborn photo that was made up of several images merged together (because I've definitely had to do that before). If ever you see a photo of mine you would like to know the secrets behind, please let me know and I would LOVE to discuss it on my blog! For now, here's the juicy details on this ring shot: 


1 comment: