Saturday, February 15, 2014

Alana Maternity

Alana lives out in the country. And by country, I mean, she rents a home on an actual horse farm. I had never driven out to Lothian before and I have to admit, I was getting a little bit nervous. We're talking winding roads with no other cars driving by, broken down fences, old homes, and miles away from the nearest store. But when I finally found her place, I was so excited to shoot there. The sun was high with no clouds in the sky, and it was just warm enough to be out without a jacket on.

After shooting around her property (an old barn and a forest-line road? Yes please!) for a bit, we headed inside for a more intimate feeling.

I learned that Alana and Dan just recently moved to the east coast from California - an admirable feat at any time, but especially while pregnant. Alana has been a doula and has worked in birth centers for years and now it is her turn. I am so excited for her to be on this journey and wish her luck with her labor at Special Beginnings Birth Center. And of course, I can't wait to meet her little baby whenever he/she decides to come!







































No comments:

Post a Comment